We value and protect our customers’ privacy
Superior Point does not disclose any non-public personal information about Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Assigned Risk Plan (MWCARP) policyholders, agents or former customers to any non-affiliated third party other than disclosures required or permitted by law, and even then only for the purpose of transacting the business of your insurance coverage or policy or for other legitimate business purposes.
Collection of information
In order to serve our customers and to provide workers’ compensation and related products and services, Superior Point may obtain information from many different sources, including:
- Information that comes directly from Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Assigned Risk Plan (MWCARP) policyholders and/or their agents from applications for insurance and from other transactions and interactions with us.
- Information that comes from MWCARP policyholders about employees who are workers’ compensation claimants.
- Information about our customers from credit reporting organizations and other sources.
- Information about injured employees from insurance reporting organizations, health care providers, government agencies and other sources.
The type of information Superior Point collects depends on the type of policy or other product and includes the following:
- Credit and other financial information
- Claims history
- Information regarding previous insurance policies and programs
- Information needed to investigate and resolve claims
- Employment records and information related to injured employees
- Health care information and records needed to investigate and resolve work injuries
Superior Point automatically collects non-identifiable data on its websites through Google Analytics and similar tools. We use this information to help us improve site users’ experience. Data collected includes time of visit, pages visited, clicks, time spent on pages, the previous page viewed (if a user clicked on a link to get to our site), location, age, gender and IP address (captured and stored only in anonymized form). Google provides a tool that allows you to opt-out from having data provided through Google Analytics.
Superior Point uses “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. Most website browsers allow users to set their preferences to block cookies.
Disclosure of information
Superior Point does not sell private information about MWCARP policyholders, nor do we make private information available to nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes. We disclose such information only when it is necessary to conduct our insurance business, such as to:
- Service policies issued by MWCARP
- Investigate and pay claims
- Comply with state or federal regulatory requests for information
- Process transactions that our customers request
Accordingly, depending on the product or service involved, Superior Point may, for example, share this information with the following:
- Insurance, workers’ compensation and other government regulators
- A MWCARP policyholder’s independent insurance agent
- Reinsurance companies with whom we do business
- Health care providers
- Attorneys and other agents working on our behalf in the adjudication of claims
- Data reporting agencies as required by law
Superior Point maintains physical and electronic safeguards to prevent access to nonpublic personal and proprietary information about our customers. We also comply with all applicable state and federal privacy and nondisclosure laws and regulations.
If you have questions or comments regarding this privacy and nondisclosure statement, please call us at (877) 256-1411.
You’re also welcome to email us using our contact form.